Thursday, February 14, 2013

Social networking in the classroom

Hello everyone!
A few weeks ago, I had thought that social networking was nothing but a waste of time due to the lack of productivity I had experienced from FaceBook for the past few years. I had known social networking to be cancerous, destroying the minds of young learners. Although I still believe some of it to be true, there is always a positive side to social networking. For the past few weeks, I have come to realize that there are positive applications to social networking.




Tonight I explored the EFL Classroom 2.0 social networking group and through it, I found that there are collaborative efforts made by teachers who teach English as a Foreign Language to create and share educational environments for their students. It also includes sections in which students can practice and build their English skills.
     In the future, I will surely make references and contributions to this group, as it gives many helpful insights to the world of teaching English as a foreign language in various countries and classroom environments. I believe that collaboration is important, especially with teachers who may not be in the same area or school but are having the same problems. The song "With a Little Help from my Friends" comes to mind, as colleagues in the teaching field may increase productivity within their lesson plans through collaboration with one another. The group stated that they are a "supporter community" and although there is a one-time price of $19.95, it can be seen that with the large number of members and supporters, the price is well below the worth of its function. If like me, you are seeking to become a teacher in ESL or EFL, please click on the link and take a look. You might like what you see!

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised to know that there is a fee. All educational Ning groups used to be free, but at some point, I think some of them began to charge a fee because they were suddenly being charged for the site. Although the group you chose sounds good, you might check some of the others to see is there is a free one which meets your needs.

    ReplyDelete