Saturday, March 30, 2013

Photo stories in the classroom

Hello everyone!
Tonight I explored the idea of using photo stories in the classroom. Using Windows Movie Maker on my computer, I was able to create a photo story and upload it here on YouTube. The featured video was made with the intention of teaching, through visual association, emotions in an English language setting. Photo stories, if applied with the appropriate photos and text can be made to fit as a tool in any classroom environment. I have seen through the creation of photo stories from my colleagues that with appropriate visual material, the lessons in which they are featured or supplementing can provide a viable source. In addition, students who would be able to use photo stories for individual and group projects, would also find it enjoyable; especially those who are tech savvy or are interesting in using the media to express themselves. In my classroom, as an extended introductory homework assignment, I would ask for students to introduce themselves through pictures, captions and music to better acquaint each other. In terms of further projects, I would use it in grammar practice activities through the use of pictures and captions. The use of visuals would allow for students to be stimulated in understanding the materials presented. As technology continues to grow, I expect to see more photo stories being implemented in classrooms that have the resources.

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your photo story. The images were quite well chosen and the music was great!

    ReplyDelete